Things to know about Chapter 7:
- You must have a limited income to qualify.
- There are no payments to be made to your credit card companies, medical debts or similar debts.
- If you want to keep your car or home, you have to make those regular payments and you should be current on the obligations.
- There are limits on how many things you can own when filing this type of bankruptcy.
Things to know about Chapter 13:
- You can file this bankruptcy, even if you are behind on the mortgage payments or in foreclosure.
- The bankruptcy case lasts 3-5 years.
- You can get rid of some of your credit card debt, medical debt or similar debt.
- You will have to make monthly payments to the Chapter 13 trustee.
- You will have to make your monthly mortgage payment if you want to keep your home.
- Click here to download the questionnaire that needs to be completed. (see attached)
Visit www.annualcreditreport.com to get a free copy of your credit report.
Click here to schedule a free initial consultation with us. (Coming Soon!)